It’s Winter and there’s not much to do compared to the Summer. Outdoor activities become almost undoable due to the unforeseen weather situations. So, what does the Winter holds in terms of activities? The Vaal Wine Route.
The Vaal River Meander Wine Route (also known as the Vaal Wine Route), starts on 25 June 2017. This is a 6-week adventurous wine tasting journey for all to enjoy with family and friends.
Why should you be there?
- It’s near Gauteng – you don’t have to drive hours and hours to get to a location you barely know.
- You have 17 venues to visit throughout the 6 weeks – combined, these venues host 36 different wine estates (Merchant Hotel hosts Bayede!, Glen Carlou and Bosman Family Vineyards).
- You have the opportunity to not miss out on anything during the length of this festival. You have six weeks of Saturdays and Sundays to enjoy every little part of it!
This is an affordable festival compared to other South African festivals. Only R30 to taste 12 different wines! Make a booking!
Merchant Hotel has the following specials during the Vaal Wine Route:
- Tapa’s Platter – R250.00 per couple – including tasting of 12 wines.
- Meze Platter for Two – R190.00 including tasting of Glen Carlou range.
- Chef’s Luncheon Special @ R80.00 per person – Saturday & Sunday.
- and more…
We have a special guest on Saturday, 1 July & 29 July 2017 – Phillipe Abalovi! Book Now!
Ask us anything…about wine and accommodation - 016 366 7878 | 060 503 4837