The Vaal Meander Wine Route celebrates its 14th year and Merchant Hotel is proud to be a Vaal Wine Route Partner once again.
The Vaal Wine Route will commence on 25 June 2017 up until 30 July 2017, providing you with 6 weeks’ wine-related entertainment during the dry winter months.
Merchant Business Class Hotel offers you the opportunity on wine tasting during the Vaal Wine Route in a tranquil and friendly environment. Should you get hungry, the Journey Restaurant offers a delectable gourmet cuisine menu specially prepared to contribute to your unforgettable Vaal Wine Route experience.
25 June to 30 July 2017 (Saturdays & Sundays)
12:00 - 18:00 (Bookings essential)
Wine tasting of 12 different wines @ R 30.00 p/p.
Order Your Favourite Wine Here.
Various venues on and around the Vaal River will participate in showcasing over 200 different wines. Each venue pairs with one or several different Wine Farms and a selection of interesting Wine Estates, whose wines are not available in your local store or supermarket, will participate as well. Merchant Hotel will be hosting the Bayede!, Glen Carlou andBosman Family Vineyards during this year's annual wine route.
- Tapa’s Platter – R250.00 per couple – including tasting of 12 wines.
- Meze Platter for Two – R190.00 including tasting of Glen Carlou range.
- Chef’s Luncheon Special @ R80.00 per person – Saturday & Sunday.
- Various Curries @ R75.00 per person.
- Desserts @ R50.00 per person.
- Wine Route Special - 1 Night’s Stay @ R990.00 per couple or R770.00 single in a Director’s Suite including Farmhouse Breakfast.
- Book an Executive Suite for you and your partner on 29 July 2017 and experience the sounds of French Performing Artist - Philippe Abalovi - while enjoying the complimentary tasting of 12 wines each including a Tapa’s Platter for Two. Also receive Farmhouse Buffet Breakfast on Sunday morning, 30 July 2017. Only R 1,245 per couple.